Guys! These things are the BOMB. I shared recently that we were trying to eat healthier and cut out sugars etc and it has not been easy. None the less, you gotta start somewhere and these were perfect. I did not follow this recipe exactly for various reasons (I’ll tell you the parts I strayed on) but they were still healthier than store bought muffins. And the kids can not get enough of them – which is a huge win in my book.
I found this recipe on These Lovely Acres blog, along with so many others. I spent hours scrolling and saving things, please take the time to check her blog out!
Here is my version of the recipe:
Some ingredients not pictured
- 2 eggs
- 3 large bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup or honey (Jason requested I try honey so thats what I used)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (I used regular sugar because 1. I’m allergic to coconut and 2. I wasn’t mentally prepared to spend that much money on a little bit of sugar)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (I left it out, I hate cinnamon)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all purpose Einkorn flour (I used regular all purpose flour because I couldn’t find the Einkorn flour at Publix – next time I will use it)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (you could even add white chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Blend bananas with a hand mixer until mashed (make sure you use a REALLY deep bowl, this was extremely messy)
- Add eggs, butter, syrup/honey, sugar, and vanilla. Mix
- In separate bowl combine baking soda, cinnamon, flour, and salt.
- Combine all the ingredients into one bowl
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Grease pan and pour batter
- ** her recipe said bake 30 minutes. I made mini muffins (9 minutes) and my large muffins took about 23 minutes.
** this made 24 mini muffins and 8 large muffins.